Sunday, February 19, 2012

Poems

Ok, as promised, newness to Mystical.  Here are some poems I have written.  I don't usually share my work, for fear of people taking my work and using it as their own, but I figured I'd share them.  This way I can get some feedback on my writing.  I hope you all enjoy reading them, as I had enjoyed writing them.  Also if I have a date written behind the title, that means that's the date I wrote.  And if it don't have a date, I don't remember when I wrote it.  Only recently in the last few years, did I start writing the date when I wrote the poem.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A Snowy Day" (c)February 22, 2004
 One night, it started to snow.
Light at first, then turned to heavy.
It covered the ground all white.
It kept up all night.
And even into the next day.
By noon, the next day it had stopped.
Kids went out to play.
Some built snowmen,
while others made snow angels.
Then some also went sleigh riding
and some even snowboarded.  
They all had lots of fun with the snow.
That was one snowy day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
"A Nature Hike"
As we take
our nature hike
we see such a 
beautiful site.
Especially now in the fall.

We take a walk
through the woods.
And we see beautiful
leaves changing colors.
Yellow, red and orange.

As we look around 
we see a creek
flowing with water.  
And see squirrels
running up trees.
And see them gathering up nuts.
And see birds flying above.
This is such a beautiful 
nature hike. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Pain"(c) April 3,2005
I have a pain
in my back.  
It goes also into my heart.
It feels so sharp
like a knife.

It feels like when 
I get an ingrown toe nail
and the needle goes into
the foot to numb it.
So painful.  

It's like a headache
you can't stand to 
anything but sleep.  
Like a paper cut you get.

But then I just realize
that it is you
backstabbing me.
Telling someone something
I said about them.
A secret, but oh, the pain!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Jasper"(c)2005
Jasper is my cat.
He is gray and tiger striped.
He is so cute and soft.
He loves to play with many things.
He will sit and lay on your
lap and fall asleep.
He will make you laugh.
He gets very hyper at times.  
I couldn't imagine life without him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Keeping My Heart True"(c)2006
I'm going to keep my 
own heart true.
I'm not going to let anyone
tell me what to do, 
or even what to wear. 

And I'm not going
to listen to people
who aren't my friends
of mine or even relatives of mine.
And I'm going to keep my heart true.

Also I'm not going to
let people talk me into
something that is wrong.
Or something that can
even harm my body.

Like I said before
I'm gonna keep my heart true,
and make my own decisions.
I'm keeping my heart true.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...now that's all the poems for today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment